Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Long Road Trip

Well we just got back from Utah. That was a very long drive with 3 little amigos. The boys were pretty good though. We had so much fun seeing Grandma Gwen, Jul, Lucy and Mike. We were busy, busy, busy everyday. We went to temple square, Sweets candy factory tour, mini themed b-day party at Jul's, the gateway, swimming, Thanksgiving point, ate at the Mayan, and Moab.

Favorite Things we did;

Dad- Hiking at the arches, and eating at all the great sandwich shops we stopped at.

Mom- I liked everything except for the drive home. I especially had fun with Jul, Mike, Lucy and talking to Grandma Gwen.

Jake- He said his favorite thing was going down the tube slide at the swimming pool in sugarhouse. He went down at least 25 times.

Jesse- He liked going to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. He couldn't believe how big the dinosaurs were.

Sammy- He loved going on hikes in the mountains in Provo and in Moab. He cried for about 45 minuets on the drive home when the mountains disappeared.

5 comments:

missy said...

It was fun to see the fam favorites. Tell Sammy we have lots of mountains here... and he can come visit anytime! I can't believe how much you guys packed into one week. Oh yeah... Tanner especially loved the slideshow, he kept wanting to watch it over and over again. I think he misses the 3 amigos!

Katrina said...

You are a brave soul to drive that far with three kids! We are going camping this weekend with a 5 hour drive ahead of us, and I'm already dreading it! Fun pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Juliann said...

We really did pack last week full of fun stuff, huh! We loved having you here and anytime you want to hop in the car and drive 14 hours to see us you can!

And I'm pretty sure you took enough rocks home that you can build your own mountain at home to keep the boys happy. They were so good and sweet and fun to be with. . . I think Lucy misses them already, I know I do!

Eileenluke@netzero.com said...

Wow! I love the pictures. Makes me feel like I enjoyed your vacation with you.

Eileenluke@netzero.com said...

We saw in the newspaper that last Monday one of the arches in Arches National Park fell. Were any of the 3 Amigos close bye???